Phulka is one of the most traditional forms of preparing chapatti, which is highly popular all over the country. Phulka is much smaller when compared to chapatti but has a lot of nutrients value. It is prepared from the wheat dough and is heated on one side on a Tawa. The other side is heated directly over the naked flame. Heating the phulka makes it puffy, and it takes the shape of a ball as all the steam is condensed inside it. To prepare a perfect phulka it is essential to use the best atta available.
Ingredients required for preparing a phulka:
- 1 cup of Fortune Chakki Fresh Atta
- Salt as per the taste
- One teaspoon of Fortune Refined Sunflower oil
- Ghee required at the time of serving
Method of Preparing Phulka:
- To begin, the ingredients mentioned above should be put together in a bowl to form a dough. Keep adding little water from time to time to make the dough firm.
- Add a teaspoon of oil and knead the dough to make it smoother.
- Keep the dough aside for at least 15 minutes. This will help the dough settle down.
- After this knead the dough once again and take out small equal portions from the dough.
- Roll this small portion into the shape of a ball.
- Add some dry flour to it and then roll it out to form small circles. Keeping adding dry flour while rolling to prevent it from sticking on the pan.
- Then heat one portion of it in the pan and keep stirring it to avoid overheating.
- Once heating in the pan is done now heat the other side of the phulka in an open flame.
- Gradually the phulka starts to get puffy due to the condensed steam inside it.
- Serve the phulka when it is hot along with ghee.
Phulka turns out to be very good when prepared from the best atta flour, which is only possible by using Fortune Chakki Fresh Atta. This is because it is 100% atta with 0% maida. Phulka can be served along with a wide variety of dishes such as aloo matar, aloo palak, brinjal curry, Matar paneer and many more. Phulka has a lot of nutrient values as it is prepared with high-quality atta giving a lot of protein and strength.
Fortune Chakki Fresh Atta is one of the most prominent atta brands having huge popularity all over the country, due to its richness in dietary fiber. Always make sure not to use a lot of water while making the dough as it will spoil the taste and quality of the phulka. Phulka is a staple food in a lot of the states in the country especially consumed in the remote areas. Phulkas are best to be prepared from Fortune Chakki Fresh Atta as it has high wheat content that is perfect for making soft and fluffy phulkas.
Phulkas recipe is quite simple to make and involves very fewer ingredients which are salt and water. The whole technique of preparing this recipe depends entirely on the preparation of the dough. Make sure to make phulkas using Fortune Chakki Fresh Atta that is made from the natural chakki process which retains the goodness and natural taste of atta. Using this atta is surely going to aid you in making soft rotis.