Milk kefir is full of health benefits and nutrients, and is a great alternative to yoghurt. It is a health beverage which is definitely growing in popularity, and here we are going to be sharing some information surrounding milk kefir with the intention of urging as many more people as possible to take up the ‘miracle’ drink.
Kefir, especially milk kefir is about as thick as a smoothie, however much healthier, containing a high number of good-for-you probiotics and nutrients. Some people may describe the consistency of kefir to be like a really smooth and light yoghurt. Kefir can both be purchased from stores such as Happy Kombucha, but can also be made in the comfort of our own homes, allowing for the freshest kefir drinks to be consumed at all times.
Milk kefir is a fermented dairy product made from milk kefir and kefir grains. These grains are of course not actual grains, they are actually small cell structures which home bacteria and yeast which ferments the kefir. You could say that these grains are to kefir what the scoby is to kombucha – a key making component.
Like with all types of probiotic, kefir offers some truly amazing health benefits to consumers. Some of these benefits include the following:
- Kefir is a good source of calcium and protein, as well as probiotics. This combination, especially the high levels of probiotics, can allow people to get relief from IBS< bloating and digestive distress
- Kefir, including milk kefir, can sometimes be 100% perfect for those with lactose intolerances
- Milk kefir can help people to lose weight
- Kefir can promote better bone health amongst drinkers thanks to the calcium and vitamin K that it contains, and for this reason can be great for those with osteoporosis and other similar health conditions
- Drinking kefir can help people to reduce inflammation when suffering from IBS, rheumatoid arthritis and other health problems
These are only some of the health benefits of milk kefir too, there are many, many more with key benefits and advantages of drinking milk kefir different from person to person!
If you want to try milk kefir you now have two choices, you can either order milk kefir that is ready to drink, or consider making your own! Luckily for all making milk kefir is really easy to make, and Happy Kombucha, the leading milk kefir supplier sell everything that is needed to brew kefir in the comfort of your own home. If you have any questions in relation to milk kefir, or the brewing processes involved, we advise that you contact their team today who are always more than happy to help.