Biryani is one of the most popular dishes in India, and the popularity is always increasing. It can be a good replacement for a monotonous diet. However, one should understand that this dish cannot be consumed on a regular basis. There are certain techniques that can be used in order to make a healthy plate of biryani.
Health factor of chicken biryani
Choosing the right protein can be the first way to begin the process of preparing healthy version of biryani. Chicken biryani, when made using right ingredients can help in maintaining weight. Also, it contains vitamins that control the metabolic function in a body. Selenium in chicken guards the immune system and regulates the thyroid hormone too.
Essential steps to make healthy chicken biryani
There are numerous techniques of repairing a healthy plate of Biryani. These procedures can eliminate the negative factors (too greasy, too much of carbohydrates, and fried ingredients) and also help in making a mouth-watering dish.
- You may reduce the oil quantity
- You may replace butter or ghee with rich quality olive oil
- Cook the protein using steam technique instead of frying in oil
- The meat or chicken can also be braised or broiled
- You may think of using whole grain rice
- You may add additional nutrients and fibres such as cauliflower, broccoli, spinach leaves, mint leaves, coriander leaves, etc.
- Adding legumes or pulses in biryani can also be a unique and healthy idea
Healthy Contributions Of Chicken Biryani
When the right ingredients are used and the consumption is monitored, biryani can have several positive impacts on health as well. These factors can dominate the negative impacts.
- A plate of chicken biryani includes a bunch of essential nutrients
- Chicken biryani can also help in the digestion process
- The protein-packed chicken has Vitamin B3, Niacin and selenium
- The internal organs can be detoxified wit the help of spices added in biryani as they act as antioxidants
- Ingredients such as turmeric, garlic, ginger, onion, black pepper, cumin, saffron can act as anti-cancer substances.
Consuming a cup of warm water or herbal tea after eating biryani can help tackle the effects of fat. The low-calorie content in herbal tea enhances long run metabolism. Warm water also improves the blood circulation by cleansing the fat deposits and toxins.
Wholesome ingredients used in biryani
The ingredients that can help in preparing a low-fat plate of chicken biryani are; garlic cloves, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, natural yogurt, chicken breast, semi-skimmed milk, saffron, onions, rapeseed oil, cardamom pods, cumin seeds, chicken stock, garam masala, basmati rice and coriander leaves. These ingredients can be used in a healthy chicken biryani recipe.
Apart from these procedures, preparing biryani at home can contribute to your health because the ingredients can be altered and balanced. Instead of ordering biryani from the restaurant on a regular basis, preparing it at home can save money and be good for your health as well. Try and relish the best dish at your comforts of the home.